My pen pal Nhung Nguyen is from Vietnam. She has always been interested in journalism, thus exchanging information with her has been great for me. Nhung can speak English fluently and she has contributed some brilliant insights of the media in Vietnam towards terrorism. Here is her self-introduction:

My name is Nhung Hong Nguyen. I’m a senior majoring in International Relations at Diplomatic Academy of Vietnam. In Vietnam, people don’t pay much attention on terrorism, normal people and the media consider that topic as one of many events happening around the world. One of the reasons for that might be Vietnam is a peacefull country so Vietnamese people don’t understand why people make a big deal out of it. However, after the 9/11 and many other deadly attacks, they know terrorism is one of the hottest topics and get to know some names such as Al-qaeda, the Tamil Tigers and so on. Due to my study, I have to do many research on international news. Therefore, I have some basic knowledge on terrorism topic. I think this is a good topic to get to know one of the hottest news in the world and diffferent cultures as well.