I asked Idyli for more information concerning the group “The Conspiracy of Nuclei Fire.” In our previous conversation, Idyli had described the group as “motivationless” and “anarcharistic.” I wanted her to expand more on what she meant by “anarcharistic.” Surely the group had to have some grounding in motivation. I couldn’t accept that these individuals could simply engage in indiscriminate killing. However, this seems to be the case.

According to Idyli, “They are just a bunch of teenagers that think that they are anarchists when they have more money than you, me and the entire college i’m attending and just try to prove that they are tough through what they call “revolution”. The police believe that they are terrorists with enormous power, but I assure you that’s not the case.”

At the point where these individuals are engaging in senseless violence in the hopes of spreading fear and panic…they are terrorists. I think that it is interesting that Idyli believes that the police are not justified in their assumptions. Apparently Idyli feels very strongly about the influence that “The Conspiracy of Nuclei Fire” has.

Through my own research I discovered an article pertaining to the sect’s violence/motivations. The authors state

“The Greek educational system pours thousands of aspiring artists into a status-obsessed, highly politicized society that cannot afford to employ them. Banding together in collective contempt for capitalism and consumer society is one short-term solution. Members cut themselves loose from society’s more onerous chains and hang out with age-mates in an abandoned building, ideally somewhere near Exarcheia, the anarchists’ traditional neighborhood.”

It appears that the group is nihilistic in nature; they truly don’t have specific motivations other than anti-capitalistic tendencies. Idyli has had to contend with the group’s overall disruption quite frequently. According to Idyli, “Group members have taken over entire schools in support of there radical views.” Idyli’s opinions are of paramount importance in understanding the notion that “terrorists” do not have to be particularly affiliated with religious institutions; they can be nihilistic in nature.